Shalford Village Hall and recreation ground were donated to the residents of the village, in 1925, by Major Guy Gilbey Gold who lived in the adjacent Abbots Hall.
In 1945 he also paid for the clock tower to be added in memory of his son who was lost at Anzio.
The building consists of the main hall which will hold up to 100 people, a smaller committee room, changing rooms, showers, toilets and a fitted kitchen. All of these have been renovated to a high standard in the last few years.
Outside we have a football and cricket pitch, tennis court and children’s play area.
The hall is used by local clubs and societies and is available for hire for private functions.
Our main source of revenue is from lettings and fund raising and grants provides for improvements to the facilities.
The Hall is governed by a Trust Deed and it has Charitable status. The Trust Deed states that a Management Committee is set up to run the Hall and facilities. The Committee is made up of representatives of organisations that use the Hall and village representatives that are elected annually at the AGM. Members of the Committee are all volunteers are known as “Managing Trustees” and meet on a monthly basis.